Friday, October 26, 2007

Separation Anxiety

Okay - close the door to this confessional booth - I have a little something to admit. John and Chris do not realize that I am well aware of how they perceive my relationship with Sarah Basset. They tease me all the time about how much more fun I'd have if I let down my guard, played with her and we interacted like two dogs who know how to engage one another.

Well, secretly Miss Basset and I HAVE bonded. The boys don't know it... but we actually trade fashion tips, enjoy lattes together and have girl chats when they are not around. Our icy relationship cover has been working pretty well the past two years... they really think that we can barely stand one another. I even growl at Sarah a lot to really make the drama sell.

But I fear the proverbial cat is out of the bag. I overheard this conversation last night:

John: I think Joy missed Sarah today...

Chris: Yeah right!

John: Seriously, when you two left the house, she actually howled.

Chris: What did it sound like?

John: [Makes A high pitched squeal that sounds like me when I try to howl like a Basset Hound]

Chris: Awwwwwwwwww, that's so sweet........ *sniffle*


So, it seems they may have noticed my separation anxiety when my home girl got to spend the afternoon at the Three Dog Bakery with Chris and I was here at the house with John.

There, are you all happy? I am a dog that might ACTUALLY like the other dog I live with. But they'll never see me display it again... so help me Buddha!


Love ya'll like a bit of gossip too juicy not to share,

Love,
Joy Beagle

PS- Chris always likes read a really good blog by Joshilyn Jackson (an author he LOVES) and I thought this cartoon she posted was fabulous:



2 comments:

SedonaMike said...

Joy. I'm glad you allowed us this glimpse at the real you behind closed doors.

Anonymous said...

Joy the Dog, you will be very much jealous to know that I am in fact riding with your master, the boy who speaks to dogs, in a moving vehicle very soon, and not you. He will spend many hours with me and will not know it and will not be with you but you will know it because he will be with me and he will not think of you because I am there there to fix his shoes. Dogs can't fix shoes. -- House Elf of Sedona Green of Sedona of Arizona.