Friday, January 12, 2007

Groove is in the Heart...

... but worms are not!!! I am officially HEARTWORM free. Woo-hoo.

Now Daddy keeps saying something about "the vet gave me the okay to get her fixed". But I didn't know I was broken? Confusing no doubt, but it must have to do with my gender cause Chris and John keep saying "bye bye girly parts!"

It was a stressful run to the vet on Tuesday. Chris forgot the timing of the appointment so we left Sedona 30 minutes late. With the heavy traffic between Sedona and Prescott, there was palpable stress coming from him in the driver's seat. Then a rock tapped his windshield and made one of those pretty little "stars" in the middle of his windshield. He said something in French or Russian or something cause I'd never heard that word before!?

Anyway, we arrived in the waiting room where I like to growl at every other dog and let them know that I am one tough little girl! (I did survive a Hurricane at 6 or 7 months old... give credit where credit is due!) The vet could not understand why Chris was so stressed out when we were asked to wait in the lobby again for the blood test results. So I just continued my growling routine! (Think there is a correlation?)

Finally, two more booster shots (rabies and distemper), a six month supply of Heartguard, and $120 of Chris' hard-earned dollars later (which made me laugh cause he thought this was just a follow up visit)... and we were on the way home. I am not sure if Daddy was showing tears of happiness or total exhaustion as we drove the hour and a half back home. He was really quiet... probably he was concerned about how to get me "fixed" if I ain't broken!? Who understands human emotions anyway.

Well, gotta go chomp on some more treats! (I'm milking this new healthy dog status for all it is worth!!)

Love ya'll like a good prognosis of a previous ailment!

Love,
Joy Beagle

(PS: Saw an ad in the classifieds today: "Heartworms seek chamber on upper east end. 4 legged, single tailed hound with plumbing. Mosquito ridden areas preferred, meals provided by host. Healthy dogs need not reply..." so I tossed the paper on the floor and peed on it just for good measure!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh joy, Joy!

What wonderful and exciting news that you are now heartworm FREE. I'm with you - I didn't know you were broken, but maybe Dad knows something we don't know, do you suppose? It was a real treat to check your blog this morning and find a new post! We were beginning to think that you were on a LONG vacation and just weren't concerned that your friends missed you. The wait and continuous daily blog check was definitely worth it when we saw the good news re heartworm! We have snow - do you? Here's a super big hug for you that you can share with Dad, John & Sarah. Tell Dad the windshield repair kits work well - maybe that will make him feel better about the star.
Until next time - Luv U Joy!
Mary

Joy Beagle said...

Thank you auntie Mary!! Glad you guys aren't buried in snow out there (or at least anymore!)

Love,
JB