Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Belle Weaver-We Salute You!

Now some may call me a literary master! (Or maybe that is just the delusional voices in my little puppy head?) But of all the talented Beagles I have ever heard of - this dog is a TRUE hero. (And just to clarify, I am joking about the literary master thing!)

Belle Weaver, a/k/a "super beagle" saved her human's life. She is trained to check his breath for ketonic indicators of a diabetic seizure onslaught... and in worst case scenarios she can call 9-1-1 on his cell phone. The latter is EXACTLY what she did recently to save his life.

Tails up to you girl-friend! Any Beagle who saves lives is an ace in my book!

For Belle Weaver - today's recipe is a HERO sub. Sure, we dogs can't really eat those because of the salt and stuff... but a little table scrap is due in this case.

Thank you Belle Beagle. And thanks to KT, my dad's friend in Maryland who brought the Belle Weaver article to our attention in the comments from my last post!

Love ya'll like a favorite super hero saving the day at the last minute,
-Joy Beagle

No comments: