Friday, June 23, 2006

Hounding for Hollywood

Back in the Spring, Sedona hosted it's annual film festival (which is growing to be along the lines of a Sundance or Cannes festival more each year.) Although I did not personally attend, what with the whole dog thing working against me... my dad was there and got to rub elbows with some nifty big screen personalities. He was working as a "cord-carrier" and assisting the film crew of a local TV station as they covered the event.

Ned Beatty, a seasoned actor of "Deliverence" fame and much more, was just an arms length from Chris as the NOW network (remember them from the "Stupa-fied" post) conducted an interview at the gala. Also there was that lady from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" , Lainie Kazan. It's always cool to meet someone in the flesh, who you've seen on TV or in movies. Apparently my Granddaddy (a/k/a "Pops" - Chris' dad) was briefly in a movie called Turk 182. It was a crowd coverage shot at the Meadowlands where he ran across the screen (as himself) when he still coached for the New York Giants - but hey... it counts.

Anyway - I just saw the Sedona Magazine tonight with some photos of the festival in it and thought I'd share:




The Cover of the issue is shown at left. The center picture is my dad et al [L-R: Glenn Scarpelli, Dara Tokarz and Chris]. The picture to the right is actually a different event covered in the same issue of Sedona Magazine, but it is two friends and former co-workers of dad and my auntie Dara so I included it [L-R: Kathie Waide, Kim Meller]. Lots of fun photos in this summer issue that highlights friends and famous folks alike. It gives us a pleasant distraction from all the Sedona Fire coverage!

So how do I tie-in a recipe to this post? Hmmm, how about this (follow closely):

My dad works for Three Dog Bakery in Sedona. The original Three Dog Bakery in Kansas City has been featured on the Oprah Winfrey show. Oprah is famous, and so are Mark and Dan the founders of Three Dog Bakery (and the dogs Gracie, Dottie and Sarah!) My dad has met the famed Mark and Dan (who know Oprah) so naturally all this fame means we should share a Three Dog Bakery recipe with you. But Three Dog Bakery Recipes are PROBABLY trademarked - so I'll link you to where you could find the book by Mark and Dan from AMAZON.

There... that counts doesn't it!? I thought so.

Love ya'll like a random encounter with a big time celebrity...

Joy Beagle.

PS- Comment here on your Close encounters with celebs !







3 comments:

MsT said...

What about your close encounter with a famous mime? !!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy Beagle said...

Huh? What!? ...I'm a dog from the French Quarter. I know no mimes!? Thankfully. : )

Anonymous said...

Joy Beagle, you and the others who managed to survive the Katrina Hurricane, be rescued and removed from the area to regain your health and be welcomed into loving families are the true Celebs! I feel so fortunate to have met so many of you in Dakini Valley. You are very special four and two legged friends~~~~~

Love, Mary