Monday, May 15, 2006

Az Republic Article



Hello Everybody,
I hope you will pardon a human post here in Joy Beagle's territory - but I came across the clipping of her rescue in the Arizona Republic, and I thought you all might enjoy reading (or re-reading) it here.

The photo here from the article is Jetsunma Ahkön Lhamo holding Joy the day that I received her officially in my care as a foster parent. I cannot even describe the feeling I had looking down from the upper kennels and seeing this sight which I am thrilled was photographed and used in this article. Only moments after Jetsunma held Joy Beagle I was approached by Ani Alana (she is the lady photgraphed on page 1) and told that I should pack up my tent and move into the "bunk-house" because this little dog had given up hope and was in need of some serious nurturing and could not tolerate living out in the kennels anymore. I was to become her "momma" so to speak!

So I gladly took this puppy in my arms and moved her to a comfortable room in the trailer that we had on site. Jetsunma's daughter and I had named her "Joy" as an aspiration because she seemed so sad and at that point was not eating, walking or moving at all on her own.

Well, to say that I fell in love with her is an UNDERSTATEMENT! She began to greet me when I would enter the room each day by tilting her head and raising a paw (almost a cross between a "wave" and a "high five".) She began eating hearty meals and even got a special treat every night from "the chicken lady" our resident nun (Kunzang Drolma.) Ani Kunzang would let Joy Beagle lick the chicken bowl clean every night after she delivered freshly cooked chicken to the cat room that butted up against our room.

I could talk for hours about this precious little dog, who affectionately became nicknamed my "Monkey-Bunny" ... but I don't wish to bore you. Suffice it to say that Jetsunma Ahkön Lhamo has facilitated two miracles in my life - Sarah Basset and Joy Beagle. She put in my custody both of these dogs that have opened my heart like no other relatinoships in my life! They are my children, and I love them desperately!



I hope you all experience this type of Joy - manifold in this life...

Peace to you all,
-Chris


SEE THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC ARTICLE HERE

No comments: