Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Friends have a Blog!

I am so delighted to have stumbled across the blog of the aforementioned "chicken lady"... and her writing accomplice Norbu Tashi. These are two people that my person spent a lot of time with during the post Hurricane Katrina Dog Rescue efforts. They are pictured here with the usual suspects...



[l-r backrow: Alyce Louise, Norbu Tashi, Chris (my Dad!), Tooky, Cian, Nyima (the dog in Cian's lap) / frontrow: Ani Kunzang (my "chicken lady") holding Billy Elliot (little white dog - a fellow evacuee from N'awlins)]

Kunzang and Norbu have started the Dakini Valley blog to discuss life out at our people's Buddhist Retreat Center/Animal Rescue Haven (Tara's Babies). You can read up on their postings here.

But of course, this being the Bone-Appetit blog, we have to bring in the full dog angle. Shortly after I moved into the care and custody of Chris, I started hearing the stories of Sandy Chow. He held a prominent ranking among the volunteers of Tara's Babies because he actually knew how to behave himself on the end of that leash you people always like to clip onto our collars so we can walk you. (BTW - I must retract a gender faux-pas that I made when I commented on the Dakini Valley blog - I referred to Sandy by the spelling of Sandee - and called him a "gal-pal"! Imagine the blush in my cheeks when Chris informed me that Sandy was a boy and spelled this way. I guess it goes to show ya - without a good sniffing of the old back side, we dogs can't tell a whole lot about one another from a distance!)

But Sandy had a longing in life... to live at Dakini Valley with Norbu. And though the fates could not allow that at the time, this pup hears it from good sources that Norbu may be returning from his present home in Maryland to the gorgeous sacred land of Dakini Valley. Perhaps fate will bring Sandy, who was fostered to another location while Tara's Babies ramped up on infrastructure, back to the Valley to live with his fave person. (We fellow dogs just looked the other way when extra treats and toys "ended up" in Sandy's kennels after a day of Norbu doing dog care.) ; )

Anyhow, here is the gorgeoous Chow named Sandy:

A real Teddy Bear of a guy you can tell by his face!

As for my "chicken lady" - Ani (which is an honorific for nuns in Tibetan Buddhism) Kunzang would walk through my room every night to get to the "cat room". I would love to sit on the other side of the door when she would go in there, and bark at the kitten that would come to the door. Kunzang was taking the cats boiled chicken and checking in on them each day. She would come out of that room... and I tell you my friends, my tail would be going gangbusters! Cause that bowl in her hand would be placed right in front of me to lick the last traces of heavenly poultry out of the dish.


That brings me to the recipe of the day. Have your humans go out and buy a whole chicken. They should boil it in water, tear it apart and feed it to us dogs! Simple, inexpensive, and we think it's "the bomb"!! I call this dish "boiled chicken." : P


Love ya'll like a trip to the vet where they don't need information that requires a thermometer in my bottom!

-Joy Beagle

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright you silly pooch... you forgot to link to the blog after mentioning it! If people want to read it... it is http://dakinivalley.blogspot.com so check it out!

Happy Blog-hopping everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joy,
Thanks so much for putting us onto Kunzang's and Norbu's blog! It's great! I'm anxious to hear about any updates you get on Sandy and his possible adoption by Norbu. That would be awesome!
Love, Tooky (and Katie/Mama Kitty - one of those boiled chicken recipients you probably barked at!)

Joy Beagle said...

Hi Tooky,
I forgot to give you credit for the photo provided here!! I'm glad you and Katie are chiming in from Utah!! Tell her no hard feelings if I ever barked at her.

And I should be clear that the idea of a Sandy reunion with Norbu is strictly me playing devil's advocate, not an actual potential right now... (but consciousness does create reality, so who knows!!)

Anonymous said...

OK, Joy,
We'll keep positive thoughts about Sandy. It would be wonderful if he and Norbu could become lifelong roommates!
Keep up the good work - We're enjoying your blogsite!
Katie (and Tooky)

Kunzang said...

Hi Mizz Beagle
Thanks for the promo! It brought Tooky to our site, which was a nice suprise. Nyima is pleased to see her photo FINALLY made it on to a site - albeit not 'hers', though she's sorry no-one can see her face (she's soooo gorgeous!)! Her mom is a lousy photographer, but promises one day she and her siblings will make it on - just like you and Sarah.
There is a new boy on the block here who reminds me a bit of you - though bigger. He's a friend of the wolf-dogs - Wigglebutt (guess why!!) - and he's all golden, a pit bull cross, and something about him makes me think of you.
Any way - bring your dads out here sometime..and I guess Sarah, but only if she promises not to bark at me ALL the time like she used to.
love, TCL

SedonaMike said...

Cute freinds.

Yummy like a Kokopelli biscuit with a hairy chest. LOL.