Thursday, May 25, 2006

Telly-bration in Sedona, AZ

All us dogs know that someday we must depart this Earthly plain. My buddy Telly is close to his occasion of passing. I pray that he can pass naturally without his people having to euthanize him. But I cannot control the universe. I have my personal doggy prayers, and I have my Dad to take me to the stupa to pray!

Today my Dad's boss sent him this montage of the "Celebration of Telly's Life." My dad's place of work is a dog bakery in Sedona, so they hosted a party and Telly got to come and bring lots of dog friends. They made him a cake, and all the dogs had a grand time! I could not go because I still want to growl and bite other dogs that I don't know... apparently that bugs my people. But I sure felt like I enjoyed the party vicariously through this posted montage! Good job Emily (Telly's mom)!!

Today's yum-yum of the day: Three Dog Bakery Peanut Butter Cake with Carob letters that spell out "In Celebration of Telly!" (My Dad got to put the letters on the cake, he's all proud of that and keeps nudging me to mention it!)

Enjoy the show (and it does have sound if you are in a place where that might get you in trouble!! But we all love Louis Armstrong!)

Love ya'll like Telly clearly loves this cake!!!

G'night,
Joy Beagle


View this video montage created at One True Media
Telly's Celebration

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joy,
Awww!! What a great looking party! And Louis Armstrong is one of Tooky's favorites! I saw no cats at this occasion (don't know actually if they would have survived!). Everyone certainly looked civilized, though, and the cake looked interesting. I'm not sure I'm into peanut butter, but I would have certainly given it a big sniff, being the chow-"cat" that I am!
Licks! and best regards to Telly from Katie in Utah

Anonymous said...

Hi joy
I was roused from a doze on the couch to cock my head and listen intently to Louis armstrong. I couldn't quite see the screen...but whatever it was my soppy mother got misty eyed (the music, I think!). She seemed to forget it was a HAPPY event!
I wanted to offer a gourmet delight from the wild west doggy diner, to add to your repertoire. My sisters and I enjoyed it this very morning....
Fresh rabbit entrails
1. scare someone away from their freshly caught breakfast. (best done with a motorised vehicle, to make sure they go a LONG way away)
2. make sure the entrails are still shiny with slime. A complete set is preferable (we scored!)
3.Enjoy, quickly, especially with family or friends. (until your parent realises what is happening!)
Best served on wide open meadows with fresh country air and wonderful vistas.
Only for the more intrepid (such as my big sister Nyima), follow the scent into the forest, where you might enjoy some bits with fur on them, such as paws etc. These add some crunch.
And a perfect desert?
Pats of horse poop - fresh or dried. If no horses available, elk, deer or cow can substitute. These also makes a tasty snack when out on long walks. Sometimes they come in handy kibble size.
I am sure all our doggy friends will agree this meal is a treat!.
love
Milo (in the wild!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Milo,
I'm not too sure -- I might get my paws dirty! I'm told I once had an older brother (of blessed memory) who enjoyed a good roll in one of those cow pats now and then, especially the warm, drippy, green ones. It gives one a certain - oh, I don't know - a certain "air," I suppose.
Regards, Katie from Utah

Anonymous said...

Katie - my big sister Queen Gypsy likes to roll like that, I prefer devouring it, which leaves some on my whiskers, so I still get the nice perfume to share with my mum when I (try to) kiss her.
Cats have more delicate palates than us dogs, so i imagine you would prefer tasty bites like grasshoppers or lizards, or the occasional small bird. But I am sure you get so much loving and food at home you don't have to bat a single paw! Much better to cuddle and purr...
i used to live with pussycats, my adoption notice said so. I didn't chase them, but I played too rough. That's the difference between you and me, I guess, and why I eat entrails for breakfast!
love, Milo

Anonymous said...

Just so you all know, Telly was put to sleep over the weekend when he became extremely ill. I am glad he had the time to be celebrated in the way that he was.

His mom (Emily) came to see me today at the bakery, and we talked about how even though I personally never endorse euthenasia, I certainly understood her compassionate intention in her decision.

Om mani pedme hung is my prayer for Telly-may he find an auspicious re-birth!!!