Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Little Sister Blues...

Okay, now I'm seriously pouting! My Dad came home for lunch today and when he left he took the other dog with him! I'm simply disgusted by this.

In all fairness though... yesterday I got loaded into the car without Sarah and she had no idea why she couldn't go. But I went to Prescott Animal Hospital for another of those dreadful injections. This is possibly the last one, it was like a dose of "Heartguard" x 10 according to the vet. If all the adult worms have died from the previous injections... then this is supposed to clear up any of the microfilea (sorry - I don't have a CLUE how to spell that) so that they don't grow into adult worms. If all goes well with my 4 month checkup and I am worm free- then we are DONE with this treatment. So follow the prayer link at the bottom of this post and pray for me! (Chris and John keep putting in prayers that the dying worms are reborn in auspicious life forms... I gotta admit, living with two Buddhist Dads is very different!)

Okay, while the whole household is away let's see what we can whip up in the kitchen.

Alright there is some chicken here... I'll sautee that in some unsalted butter... be right back...

Mmmmm, that smells great... I chopped it into small pieces and now I'm gonna throw in some brown rice that my people cooked up and refrigerated. Alri ght I-m TyPinG Withh 1 PAw WhileEE I StIr ThEm TeGeTHer.

Whew, that took some effort. Now let's see - oooh sweet potatoes, I'll grate those up and boil them al dente. Back in a flash...

Alright... got my chicken, rice and sweet 'taters. I melted a little more butter in the grated sweet potatoes and now for a finishing touch... some frozen peas. They just need a minute in the boiling water from the taters (I was able to strain the water through a colander into another pan. That give the peas a little extra flavor.) Let me do these peas and I'll be right with you again...

ALL RIGHTY THEN... this feast is one delectible delight that makes me glad Sarah isn't here to have to share it with!! Well, I kinda miss her... but what's a gal to do? Left to my own devices I do what I do best... blog and eat. Bone Appetit mes cheries!!!

With love and a side of gravy,
-Joy Beagle

Send those prayers: Prayer Blog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy, I'm sorry that your dad took your sister Sarah and left you alone, but the recipe you whipped up sounds luscious. Tom will be home this evening after 4 days at Dakini Valley and now I have a wonderful new recipe to fix for his dinner. How did you know how much I enjoy Kokopelli? Your gifts will be treasured because they are from you! Give Chris's ear a BIG lick from us. Maybe we can see you next week when we are camping nearby. Hopefully you have had your LAST heartworm treatment. With love, prayers and lots of hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joy,
Greetings from Katie Kitty in northern Utah! I just want to thank you so much for that mouse pad! The old one was as hard as the desk, and now when I bother Tooky while she's on the computer, I have a place that's cush-y for my tush-y! (For some reason, the keyboard has been off limits.) Go figure!
Lots of licks,
Katie